Toroidal mode number estimation of the edge-localized modes using the KSTAR 3-D electron cyclotron emission imaging system
Cited 3 times inCited 0 times in
- Toroidal mode number estimation of the edge-localized modes using the KSTAR 3-D electron cyclotron emission imaging system
- Lee, J.; Yun, G.S.; Lee, J.E.; Kim, M.; Choi, M.J.; Lee, W.; Park, Hyeon Keo; Domier, C.W.; Luhmann, N.C.; Sabbagh, S.A.; Park, Y.S.; Lee, S.G.; Bak, J.G.
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- REVIEW OF SCIENTIFIC INSTRUMENTS, v.85, no.6, pp.063505
- A new and more accurate technique is presented for determining the toroidal mode number n of edge-localized modes (ELMs) using two independent electron cyclotron emission imaging (ECEI) systems in the Korea Superconducting Tokamak Advanced Research (KSTAR) device. The technique involves the measurement of the poloidal spacing between adjacent ELM filaments, and of the pitch angle α O of filaments at the plasma outboard midplane. Equilibrium reconstruction verifies that α O is nearly constant and thus well-defined at the midplane edge. Estimates of n obtained using two ECEI systems agree well with n measured by the conventional technique employing an array of Mirnov coils.
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.