Effect of contact angle on contact morphology and Vickers hardness measurement in instrumented indentation testing
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Effect of contact angle on contact morphology and Vickers hardness measurement in instrumented indentation testing
- Kang, Seung-Kyun; Kim, Young-Cheon; Lee, Jin-Woo; Kwon, Dongil; Kim, Ju-Young
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MECHANICAL SCIENCES, v.85, pp.104 - 109
- We derive a general contact-depth function for the Vickers indenter by modifying a scaling relation between yield strain and indentation depth ratio, which is comprised of indenter angle, plastic constraint factor, and indentation depth ratio. The validity of this function is demonstrated by using various indenters of different angles. A method for calibrating the actual contact area of an imperfectly shaped Vickers indenter is suggested that yields a better evaluation of Vickers hardness in the instrumented indentation test.
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.