Homomorphic Computation of Local Alignment
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Homomorphic Computation of Local Alignment
- Bataa, Magsarjav; Song, Siwoo; Park, Kunsoo; Kim, Miran; Cheon, Jung Hee; Kim, Sun
- Issue Date
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine, pp.2167 - 2174
- In this paper we present a homomorphic computation algorithm that finds an optimal local alignment of a pair of encrypted sequences, based on the Smith-Waterman recurrence. Our algorithm also includes an efficient method of finding the location of an optimal local alignment, in order to avoid costly conditional branching in the backtracking. To reduce computation time, we use two level parallel computations: one for filling the entries of the dynamic programming recurrence, and the other for implementing the circuits. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first attempt to compute an optimal local alignment of homomorphically encrypted sequences. With the efficient location retrieval, parallel computations, and a proper HE scheme, our implementation shows good performances in the experiment so as to be useful in practice. © 2020 IEEE.
- Appears in Collections:
- CSE_Conference Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.