Accurate Gyrotron Performance Prediction Based on Full 3-D Magnetic Field and Electron Beam Information Altered by Nonideal Factors
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Accurate Gyrotron Performance Prediction Based on Full 3-D Magnetic Field and Electron Beam Information Altered by Nonideal Factors
- Lee, Ingeun; Sawant, Ashwini; Shin, Jinwoo; Choi, EunMi
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ELECTRON DEVICES, v.68, no.3, pp.1276 - 1283
- We improved the accuracy of gyrotron performance analysis using particle-in-cell (PIC) code. To accurately predict the performance of a device under development, an electron beam (e-beam) that has information that best represents realistic e-beam information should be used for a cavity simulation, and an investigation of factors that affect the e-beam information is necessary at the design stage. Thus, we conducted an intensive analysis of the association between the e-beam information changed by nonideal factors and the performance variation of the gyrotron cavity. The altered e-beam information was obtained using a fully 3-D commercial code (Computer Simulation Technology (CST) Studios), with consideration of manufacturing imperfections and misalignment. The acquired e-beam information was then directly imported and used for gyrotron cavity simulations with the CST PIC code. This allowed us to investigate the gyrotron performance degradation caused by the nonideal e-beam information. Additionally, we validated the CST results using our in-house gyrotron code (UNIST Gyrotron Design Tool, UGDT). Finally, the simulation results were compared with previously published experimental data.
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.