The Heterostructure of Ru2P/WO3/NPC Synergistically Promotes H2O Dissociation for Improved Hydrogen Evolution
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- The Heterostructure of Ru2P/WO3/NPC Synergistically Promotes H2O Dissociation for Improved Hydrogen Evolution
- Jiang, Xiaoli; Jang, Haeseong; Liu, Shangguo; Li, Zijian; Kim, Min Gyu; Li, Chuang; Qin, Qing; Liu, Xien; Cho, Jaephil
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ANGEWANDTE CHEMIE-INTERNATIONAL EDITION, v.133, no.8, pp.4156 - 4162
- Facilitating the dissociation of water and desorption of hydrogen are both crucial challenges for improving the hydrogen evolution reaction (HER) in alkaline media. Herein, we report the synthesis of heterostructure of Ru2P/WO3@NPC (N, P co-doped carbon) by a simple hydrothermal reaction using ruthenium and tungsten salts as precursors, followed by pyrolyzing under an Ar atmosphere. The Ru2P/WO3@NPC electrocatalyst exhibits an outstanding HER activity with an overpotential of 15 mV at a current density of 10 mA cm(-2) and excellent durability in a 1.0 M KOH solution, outperforming state-of-the-art Pt/C and most reported electrocatalysts. Experimental results combined with density functional calculations reveal that the electron density redistribution in Ru2P/WO3@NPC is achieved by electron transfer from NPC to Ru2P/WO3 and from Ru2P to WO3, which directly promotes the dissociation of water on W sites in WO3 and desorption of hydrogen on Ru sites in Ru2P.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.