A High‐Energy NASICON‐Type Cathode Material for Na‐Ion Batteries
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- A High‐Energy NASICON‐Type Cathode Material for Na‐Ion Batteries
- Wang, Jingyang; Wang, Yan; Seo, Dong-Hwa; Shi, Tan; Chen, Shouping; Tian, Yaosen; Kim, Haegyeom; Ceder, Gerbrand
- Issue Date
- Wiley-VCH Verlag
- ADVANCED ENERGY MATERIALS, v.10, no.10, pp.1903968
- Over the last decade, Na-ion batteries have been extensively studied as low-cost alternatives to Li-ion batteries for large-scale grid storage applications; however, the development of high-energy positive electrodes remains a major challenge. Materials with a polyanionic framework, such as Na superionic conductor (NASICON)-structured cathodes with formula NaxM2(PO4)(3), have attracted considerable attention because of their stable 3D crystal structure and high operating potential. Herein, a novel NASICON-type compound, Na4MnCr(PO4)(3), is reported as a promising cathode material for Na-ion batteries that deliver a high specific capacity of 130 mAh g(-1) during discharge utilizing high-voltage Mn2+/3+ (3.5 V), Mn3+/4+ (4.0 V), and Cr3+/4+ (4.35 V) transition metal redox. In addition, Na4MnCr(PO4)(3) exhibits a high rate capability (97 mAh g(-1) at 5 C) and excellent all-temperature performance. In situ X-ray diffraction and synchrotron X-ray diffraction analyses reveal reversible structural evolution for both charge and discharge.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.