Theoretical study on the adsorptive separation of ethane/ethylene in DUT-8 metal-organic frameworks
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Theoretical study on the adsorptive separation of ethane/ethylene in DUT-8 metal-organic frameworks
- 김진철; 이정현; 조경호; 이우황; 장종산; 곽상규
- Issue Date
- 한국화학공학회 2020년도 가을총회 및 국제 학술대회
- Separation of C2H6/C2H4 mixture is still a challenging issue due to their similar physicochemical properties. Among several methods, an adsorbent-based gas separation has been considered as an alternative to replace inefficient separation process. Rigid metal-organic framework DUT-8(M) (M = Cu and Ni), which consists of paddle-wheel metal node and 2,6-naphthalene dicarboxylic acid (NDCA) linkers, is good candidate as C2H6-selective adsorbent. In this study, to understand the gas adsorption characteristic of the rigid DUT-8(M), we applied grand canonical Monte Carlo (GCMC) simulations and density functional theory (DFT) calculations. GCMC simulations provided well-fitted curves of C2H6/C2H4 adsorption isotherms with experimental results up to 1 bar at 273 K. The adsorption occurred predominantly near the corners of the square-shaped pore of DUT-8(M), where the gases could interact with two adjacent NDCAs. Furthermore, binding energy of C2H6 obtained from DFT calculation was about 4 kJ/mol higher than that of C2H4 because of the C–H‧‧‧π interaction near the linkers. Through this study, it was proven that rigid DUT-8 is the effective adsorbent for C2H6/C2H4 separation.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Conference Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.