3D Cu ball-based hybrid triboelectric nanogenerator with non-fullerene organic photovoltaic cells for self-powering indoor electronics
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- 3D Cu ball-based hybrid triboelectric nanogenerator with non-fullerene organic photovoltaic cells for self-powering indoor electronics
- Jung, Sungwoo; Oh, Jiyeon; Yang, U. Jeong; Lee, Sang Myeon; Lee, Jungho; Jeong, Mingyu; Cho, Yongjoon; Kim, Seoyoung; Baik, Jeong Min; Yang, Changduk
- Issue Date
- NANO ENERGY, v.77, pp.105271
- Hybrid energy harvesters capable of capturing energy from multiple sources are gaining increasing attention. In this study, we develop the first hybrid organic photovoltaic cell-triboelectric nanogenerator (OPV-TENG) system targeting human activities indoors. The hybrid device comprises a non-fullerene OPV and a Cu ball-based TENG connected in series. Through optimization of an OPV cell, high power conversion efficiencies (15.03%-16.45%) are achieved for cells covering 50 mm(2) from indoor light sources. The Cu ball-based TENG effectively generates alternative electricity (electric power > 3 mu W and charge up to 1.5 nC) by continuous contact-separation of the Cu balls due to human walking. The hybrid OPV-TENG system by stimulation/automatically harvests indoor light energy and mechanical energy from human motion. The total voltage/current outputs of the hybrid system are close to the sum of those generated from the OPV and TENG individually. Also, we demonstrate that a capacitor and a lithium-ion battery (LIB) are effectively and rapidly charged using an OPV-TENG-based hybrid self-charging device. Our study initiates developing hybrid OPV-TENG systems with extensive application potential for powering indoor electronics.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.