Bootstrapping for approximate homomorphic encryption
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Bootstrapping for approximate homomorphic encryption
- Cheon, Jung Hee; Han, Kyoohyung; Kim, Andrey; Kim, Miran; Song, Yongsoo
- Issue Date
- Springer Verlag
- Annual International Conference on the Theory and Applications of Cryptographic Techniques, EUROCRYPT 2018, pp.360 - 384
- This paper extends the leveled homomorphic encryption scheme for an approximate arithmetic of Cheon et al. (ASIACRYPT 2017) to a fully homomorphic encryption, i.e.,we propose a new technique to refresh low-level ciphertexts based on Gentry��s bootstrapping procedure. The modular reduction operation is the main bottleneck in the homomorphic evaluation of the decryption circuit. We exploit a scaled sine function as an approximation of the modular reduction operation and present an efficient evaluation strategy. Our method requires only one homomorphic multiplication for each of iterations and so the total computation cost grows linearly with the depth of the decryption circuit. We also show how to recrypt packed ciphertexts on the RLWE construction with an open-source implementation. For example, it takes 139.8s to refresh a ciphertext that encrypts 128numbers with 12bits of precision, yielding an amortized rate of 1.1seconds per slot. ? International Association for Cryptologic Research 2018.
- Appears in Collections:
- CSE_Conference Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.