New High-Performance Pb-Based Nanocomposite Anode Enabled by Wide-Range Pb Redox and Zintl Phase Transition
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- New High-Performance Pb-Based Nanocomposite Anode Enabled by Wide-Range Pb Redox and Zintl Phase Transition
- Han, Jinhyup; Park, Jehee; Bak, Seong-Min; Son, Seoung-Bum; Gim, Jihyeon; Villa, Cesar; Hu, Xiaobing; Dravid, Vinayak P.; Su, Chi Cheung; Kim, Youngsik; Johnson, Christopher; Lee, Eungje
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ADVANCED FUNCTIONAL MATERIALS, v.31, no.2, pp.2005362
- This paper describes a new, high-performance, Pb-based nanocomposite anode material for lithium-ion batteries. A unique nanocomposite structure of Pb@PbO core-shell nanoparticles in a carbon matrix is obtained by using a simple high-energy ball milling method using the low-cost starting materials PbO and carbon black. Electrochemical performance tests show its excellent reversible capacity (approximate to 600 mAh g(-1)) and cycle stability (92% retention at 100th cycle), which are one of the best values reported for Pb-based anodes in the literature. Synchrotron X-ray diffraction and absorption techniques revealed the detailed lithium storage mechanism that can be highlighted with the unexpectedly wide reversible Pb redox range (between Pb(2+)and Pb4-) and the evolution of Zintl-type LiyPb structures during the electrochemical lithium reaction. The results provide new insights into the lithium storage mechanism of these Pb-based materials and their potential as low-cost, high-performance anodes.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.