Semicrystalline D-A copolymers with different chain curvature for applications in polymer optoelectronic devices
Cited 2 times inCited 0 times in
- Semicrystalline D-A copolymers with different chain curvature for applications in polymer optoelectronic devices
- Lee, Wonho; Kim, Gi-Hwan; Ko, Seo-Jin; Yum, Seungjib; Hwang, Sungu; Cho, Shinuk; Shin, Young-Han; Kim, Jin Young; Woo, Han Young
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- MACROMOLECULES, v.47, no.5, pp.1604 - 1612
- Thiophene- and thienothiophene-based donor-acceptor (D-A) type semicrystalline copolymers with different backbone curvatures, PTBT14 and PTTBT14, were designed and synthesized. Both the polymers exhibit a nearly planar structure via noncovalent S···O and C-H···N attractive interactions, etc., in the polymer chain. PTTBT14 is linear, whereas PTBT14 is curved owing to ∼160° bond angle of the thiophene linkage. PTTBT14 showed the higher degree of interchain ordering with edge-on orientation, resulting in efficient charge transport (0.26 cm2 V-1 s-1 for PTTBT14 compared to 0.02 cm2 V-1 s-1 for PTBT14) in PFETs with remarkable morphological stability and no deterioration in device properties at temperatures up to 250 °C. On the other hand, the curved shape of PTBT14 attributed to its improved photovoltaic properties with a power conversion efficiency of 5.56%. The linear PTTBT14 showed much stronger self-interactions with negligible morphological changes and little miscibility with PC 61BM, showing the poor photovoltaic characteristics.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.