인터뷰에 대한 언어인류학적 성찰: 정체성 관련 인터뷰 자료를 중심으로
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- 인터뷰에 대한 언어인류학적 성찰: 정체성 관련 인터뷰 자료를 중심으로
- Other Titles
- A Linguistic Anthropological Reflection on Interview: An Examination of Interview Data in Studies on Identity
- Choi, Jinsook
- Issue Date
- 한국문화인류학 , v.43, no.3, pp.3 - 34
- The purpose of this paper is to examine interview techniques critically from a linguistic anthropological perspective. In general, anthropologists tend to use interview as a research method, while assuming that they can gather transparent information that has only referential meaning. In this paper, I portray the interview as a kind of ``communication`` between the interviewer and the interviewee, and I use an anthropological framework to analyze interview excerpts taken from other researchers` studies on identity. I draw particular attention to the structure of conversation, the relationships between participants, and the contextual meanings of the utterances. As a result, three aspects were found to be relevant to the construction of meaning in the interview process: 1) the way in which the researcher controls the topic of the interaction; 2) the extent to which the researcher`s presupposition clashes with interviewee`s and 3) the asymmetrical nature of the relationship between the researcher and the informant can influence the answers given by the informant. The contribution of this paper is to reflect on anthropological methodology by focusing on the interview processes as interaction between the researcher and informant. The paper, however, did not deal with how interview is represented and is used to (re)produce texts and it will be examined in the future study.
- Appears in Collections:
- DGS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.