Design of an Interfacial Layer to Block Chemical Reaction for Epitaxial ZnO Growth on a Si Substrate
Cited 6 times inCited 4 times in
- Design of an Interfacial Layer to Block Chemical Reaction for Epitaxial ZnO Growth on a Si Substrate
- Yu, Hak Ki; Baik, Jeong Min; Lee, Jong-Lam
- Epitaxial relations; High crystallinity; Interfacial layer; Interfacial reactions; MgO buffer layer; Optical performance; Si substrates; Si(111) substrate; Thermodynamically stable; ZnO; ZnO films
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- CRYSTAL GROWTH & DESIGN, v.11, no.6, pp.2438 - 2443
- Epitaxial growth of ZnO film on Si(111) substrates using an MgO interfacial layer has been investigated. The MgO layer acts as a thermodynamically stable buffer layer to suppress interfacial reaction between ZnO and Si, producing a clear interface. A domain-matched structure with mixed 4/3 and 5/4 domains was formed at the interface of Si and MgO to achieve the lowest domain mismatch. Moreover, the epitaxial ZnO film was grown on a MgO buffer layer with a domain matched structure of 11/12 domains, resulting in an (0001)[1 (2) over bar 10](ZnO)parallel to(111)[1 (1) over bar0](MgO)parallel to(111)[1 (1) over bar0](Si) epitaxial relation, The high crystallinity of ZnO film grown on MgO/Si shows good optical performance with strong photoluminescence and improved Hall mobility.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.