Exploiting Internal Parallelism of Flash-based SSDs
Cited 0 times inCited 19 times in
- Exploiting Internal Parallelism of Flash-based SSDs
- Park, Seon-yeong; Seo, Euiseong; Shin, Ji-Yong; Maeng, Seungryoul; Lee, Joonwon
- Issue Date
- IEEE COMPUTER SOC
- IEEE COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE LETTERS, v.9, no.1, pp.9 - 12
- For the last few years, the major driving force behind the rapid performance improvement of SSDs has been the increment of parallel bus channels between a flash controller and flash memory packages inside the solid-state drives (SSDs). However, there are other internal parallelisms inside SSDs yet to be explored. In order to improve performance further by utilizing the parallelism, this paper suggests request rescheduling and dynamic write request mapping. Simulation results with real workloads have shown that the suggested schemes improve the performance of the SSDs by up to 15% without any additional hardware support.
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.