Regioselective 1,2,3-bisazfulleroid: doubly N-bridged bisimino-PCBMs for polymer solar cells
Cited 0 times inCited 3 times in
- Regioselective 1,2,3-bisazfulleroid: doubly N-bridged bisimino-PCBMs for polymer solar cells
- Kim, Boram; Lee, Junghoon; Seo, Jung Hwa; Wudl, Fred; Park, Sung Heum; Yang, Changduk
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY, v.22, no.43, pp.22958 - 22963
- The direct bisaddition of methyl 5-azido-5-phenylpentanoate to C-60 takes place in the two neighboring pentagon-hexagon junctions of the same five-membered ring, yielding a regioselective bisazfulleroid, namely bisimino-PCBM. Because of its open annulene structure, this new bisheterofullerene is not only considered to be an isoelectronic analogue of pristine C-60, but also it is less symmetrical than previous reported mono-functionalized fullerenes, thereby displaying a stronger absorption in the visible region. The BHJ devices based on P3HT:bisimino-PCBM give a higher V-OC of 0.77 V relative to those using the PCBM in the literature, which can be attributed to the combination of the nature of the nitrogen atom and the open bridged mode in a fullerene cage. Furthermore, the bisimino-PCBM consisting exclusively of a doubly bridged open 11-membered ring with a hydroacenaphthylene perimeter is very new, therefore there is still plenty of room to establish better efficiencies of BHJ photovoltaic cells.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.