Record-High Performance Trantenna based on Asymmetric Nano-Ring FET for Polarization-Independent Large-Scale/Real-Time THz Imaging
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Record-High Performance Trantenna based on Asymmetric Nano-Ring FET for Polarization-Independent Large-Scale/Real-Time THz Imaging
- Jang, E-San; Ryu, Min Woo; Patel, Ramesh; Ahn, Sang Hyo; Jeon, Hyeong Ju; Han, Ki Jin; Kim, Kyung Rok
- Issue Date
- 2019 Symposium on VLSI Technology and Circuits
- IEEE Symposium on VLSI Circuits
- We demonstrate a record-high performance monolithic trantenna (transistor-antenna) using 65-nm CMOS foundry in the field of a plasmonic terahertz (THz) detector. By applying ultimate structural asymmetry between source and drain on a ring FET with source diameter (dS) scaling from 30 to 0.38 mm, we obtained 180 times more enhanced photoresponse (Du) in on-chip THz measurement. Through free-space THz imaging experiments, the conductive drain region of ring FET itself showed a frequency sensitivity with resonance frequency at 0.12 THz in 0.09~ 0.2 THz range and polarization-independent imaging results as an isotropic circular antenna. Highlyscalable and feeding line-free monolithic trantenna enables a high-performance THz detector with responsivity of 8.8 kV/W and NEP of 3.36 pW/Hz0.5 at the target frequency.
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Conference Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.