Contact-ID, a tool for profiling organelle contact sites, reveals regulatory proteins of mitochondrial associated membrane formation
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Contact-ID, a tool for profiling organelle contact sites, reveals regulatory proteins of mitochondrial associated membrane formation
- Kwak, Chulhwan; Shin Sanghee; Park, Jong-Seok; Jung, Minkyo; Njung, Truong Thi My; Kang, Myeong-Gyun; Lee, Chaiheon; Kwon, Tae-Hyuk; Park, Sang Ki; Mun, Ji Young; Kim, Jong-Seo; Rhee, Hyun-Woo
- Issue Date
- National Academy of Sciences
- PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
- The mitochondria-associated membrane (MAM) has emerged as a cellular signaling hub regulating various cellular processes. However, its molecular components remain unclear owing to lack of reliable methods to purify the intact MAM proteome in a physiological context. Here, we introduce Contact-ID, a split-pair system of BioID with strong activity, for identification of the MAM proteome in live cells. Contact-ID specifically labeled proteins proximal to the contact sites of the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) and mitochondria, and thereby identified 115 MAM-specific proteins. The identified MAM proteins were largely annotated with the outer mitochondrial membrane (OMM) and ER membrane proteins with MAM-related functions: e.g., FKBP8, an OMM protein, facilitated MAM formation and local calcium transport at the MAM. Furthermore, the definitive identification of biotinylation sites revealed membrane topologies of 85 integral membrane proteins. Contact-ID revealed regulatory proteins for MAM formation and could be reliably utilized to profile the proteome at any organelle–membrane contact sites in live cells.
- Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.