Immiscible bi-metal single-atoms driven synthesis of electrocatalysts having superb mass-activity and durability
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Immiscible bi-metal single-atoms driven synthesis of electrocatalysts having superb mass-activity and durability
- Harzandi, Ahmad M.; Shadman, Sahar; Ha, Miran; Myung, Chang Woo; Kim, Dong Yeon; Park, Hyo Ju; Sultan, Siraj; Noh, Woo-Suk; Lee, Wanggeun; Thangavel, Pandiarajan; Byun, Woo Jin; Lee, Seong-hun; Tiwari, Jitendra N.; Shin, Tae Joo; Park, Jae-Hoon; Lee, Zonghoon; Lee, Jae Sung; Kim, Kwang S.
- Issue Date
- APPLIED CATALYSIS B-ENVIRONMENTAL, v.270, pp.118896
- Properties of metal elements can be modified by alloying. Given that catalytic efficiencies are often maximized using metal single-atoms (SAs), two immiscible metals can improve the catalytic activity when they can be present as non-agglomerated dual SAs. Here, we report yet-unexplored synthesis of high-performance electro-catalysts utilizing immiscibility of Cu/Ru bimetal atoms. In the synthesized electrocatalyst (Cu/Ru@G(N)), both Cu-SAs and Ru-SAs are dispersed on N-doped graphitic-matrix (GN), while other Cu-SAs are bridged to Ru nanoparticles (NPs) surface via nitrogen. It shows superior mass-activity with outstanding catalytic performance and durability for hydrogen evolution reaction (HER), outperforming commercial Pt-20wt%/C. Cu-SAs along with Ru-NPs enhance electric conduction or charge-transfer rate of GN-templates for fast kinetics. Owing to Cu-Ru immiscibility, the coordination of Cu-SAs by N atoms which bridge to Ru-NPs surface, introduces new active sites and brings about long-term stability (over 600 h in acidic media) by preventing aggregation of Ru-NPs.
- Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.