A MINIMAL MODEL OF LORENTZ GAUGE GRAVITY WITH DYNAMICAL TORSION
Cited 7 times inCited 8 times in
- A MINIMAL MODEL OF LORENTZ GAUGE GRAVITY WITH DYNAMICAL TORSION
- Cho, Yongmin; Pak, D. G.; Park, B. S.
- Lorentz gauge symmetry; Quantum gravity; Torsion
- Issue Date
- WORLD SCIENTIFIC PUBL CO PTE LTD
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MODERN PHYSICS A, v.25, no.14, pp.2867 - 2882
- A new Lorentz gauge gravity model with R(2)-type Lagrangian is proposed. In the absence of classical torsion, the model admits a topological phase with an arbitrary metric. We analyze the equations of motion in constant curvature space-time background using the Lagrange formalism and demonstrate that the model possesses a minimal set of dynamic degrees of freedom for the torsion. Surprisingly, the number of torsion dynamic degrees of freedom equals the number of physical degrees of freedom for the metric tensor. An interesting feature of the model is that the spin-2 mode of torsion becomes dynamical essentially due to the nonlinear structure of the theory. We perform covariant one-loop quantization of the model for a special case of constant curvature space-time background. We treat the contortion as a quantum field variable where as the metric tensor is kept as a classical object. We discuss a possible mechanism of an emergent Einstein gravity as a part of the effective theory induced due to quantum dynamics of torsion.
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.