A novel dye coating method for N719 dye-sensitized solar cells
Cited 8 times inCited 6 times in
- A novel dye coating method for N719 dye-sensitized solar cells
- Jo, Yimhyun; Jung, Cho-long; Lim, Jeongmin; Kim, Byung Hoon; Han, Chi-Hwan; Kim, Junhee; Kim, Sungwon; Kim, Donghwan; Jun, Yongseok
- Adsorption reaction; Analysis tools; Coating methods; Coating system; Coating time; Conventional methods; Conventional systems; Dye sensitized solar cells; Dye-Sensitized solar cell; Fabrication process; Mass fabrication; Mono-alcohols; Nanocrystalline surfaces; Solvent system; TiO
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- ELECTROCHIMICA ACTA, v.66, no., pp.121 - 125
- In dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs), dye coating is one of the important factors in the fabrication process. Dye coating takes more than several hours in the conventional methods when Ru-based dyes, especially N719, the main dye for DSSC applications, are applied. In this paper, we applied a new coating system to maximize the adsorption reaction between the dye and TiO2 nanocrystalline surface. Applied solvents are from mono alcohol to triols with various temperatures and concentrations of the dye. According to our experiments, dye coating time can be shortened down from several hours to 3 min. To compare the new system to the conventional system, various analysis tools were applied for further investigation. The new solvent system with ethylene glycol, gives many advantages such as saving solvent usage, short coating time, and easy procedure for mass fabrication without toxicity.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.