Relation of Ru(II) dye desorption from TiO2 film during illumination with photocurrent decrease of dye-sensitized solar cells
Cited 19 times inCited 19 times in
- Relation of Ru(II) dye desorption from TiO2 film during illumination with photocurrent decrease of dye-sensitized solar cells
- Uam, Hee-Sun; Jung, Young-Sam; Jun, Yongseok; Kim, Kang-Jin
- Donor number; Dye-sensitized solar cell; N719 dye desorption; Short-circuit photocurrent; Viscosity
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE SA
- JOURNAL OF PHOTOCHEMISTRY AND PHOTOBIOLOGY A-CHEMISTRY, v.212, no.2-3, pp.122 - 128
- The initial decrease in the short-circuit photocurrent density (J(sc)) of a Ru(II)-bipyridine dye-sensitized solar cell (DSSC) during illumination is correlated with the decrease in the amount of remaining dye adsorbed on the TiO2 film monitored by UV-vis absorption spectroscopy. The analyses reveal that the illumination causes the N719 dye molecules to desorb from the TiO2 film into the electrolytic solution. The amount of dye remaining adsorbed on the TiO2 film is influenced by the viscosity and donor number of the electrolytic solution. More dye molecules remain adsorbed on the TiO2 film in the solution of 3-methoxypropionitrile than in the less viscous solution of acetonitrile. The addition of water and Triton X-100 to the 3-methoxypropionitrile solution results in the enhancement of the dye desorption. partly due to the increase in the donor number. (C) 2010 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.