Synthesis and photovoltaic properties of copolymers based on 2,2-(1,5-pentamethylene)-2H-benzimidazole
Cited 3 times inCited 3 times in
- Synthesis and photovoltaic properties of copolymers based on 2,2-(1,5-pentamethylene)-2H-benzimidazole
- Song, Suhee; Kang, Ilsoo; Kim, Gi-hwan; Jin, Youngeup; Kim, Il; Kim, Jin Young; Suh, Flongsuk
- 2,2-(1,5-Pentamethylene)-2H-benzimidazole; Band gaps; Benzimidazoles; Conjugated copolymers; Coplanarity; Cyclic voltammetry data; Fill factor; High solubility; Low molecular weight; OPVs; Photovoltaic property; Power conversion efficiencies; Stille coupling reaction
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE SA
- SYNTHETIC METALS, v.162, no.1-2, pp.225 - 230
- We report synthesis and photovoltaic properties of two new conjugated copolymers with benzimidazole prepared by Stille coupling reaction. The advantage of PMBI is high solubility of the polymer while keeping the coplanarity of the backbone. The electrochemical bandgaps of PCDTPMB15 and PCBBTPMBI5, calculated from cyclic voltammetry data, are about 2.11 and 2.00 eV, respectively. The optical band gap of the synthesized PCDTPMBI5 (1.43 eV) was smaller than that of PCBBTPMBI5 (1.56 eV), caused by lower ICT effect contributed by low molecular weight of PCBBTPMBI5. The devices comprising PCDTPMBI5:PC61BM (1:2) and PCBBTPMBI5:PC61BM (1:3) with thermal treatment showed an open-circuit voltage (V-OC) of 0.27 and 0.30V, a short-circuit current density (J(SC)) of 1.09 and 1.75 mA/cm(2), and a fill factor (FF) of 0.29 and 0.38, giving an power conversion efficiency of 0.09 and 0.20%, respectively.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.