A 3.1-4.8-GHz IR- UWB All- Digital Pulse Generator With Variable Channel Selection in 0.13-mu m CMOS Technology
Cited 2 times inCited 1 times in
- A 3.1-4.8-GHz IR- UWB All- Digital Pulse Generator With Variable Channel Selection in 0.13-mu m CMOS Technology
- Choi, Yunho; Kim, Youngsu; Hoang, Huy; Bien, Franklin
- Center frequency; Channel selection; CMOS technology; Digitally controlled oscillators; Impulse radio ultra-wideband; Low-power characteristics; Output signal; Pulse generation; Spectrum characteristic; Static logic; Supply voltages; Three channel; Total energy consumption; Transmitted signal; Ultra-wideband technology
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS II-EXPRESS BRIEFS, v.59, no.5, pp.282 - 286
- An all-digital pulse generator in a standard 0.13-mu m CMOS technology for communication systems using an impulse radio ultrawideband signal is presented. A delay-line-based architecture utilizing only static logic gates for pulse generation with low-power characteristic is proposed in this brief. The center frequency and the fixed bandwidth of 500 MHz of the output signal can be digitally controlled to cover three channels in the low band of UWB spectrum. Delay-based binary phase shift keying and pulse position modulation schemes are exploited at the same time to modulate transmitted signals with further improvement in spectrum characteristics. The total energy consumption is 48 pJ/pulse at 1.2-V supply voltage without static bias currents.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.