A single particle Hamiltonian for electro-magnetic properties of graphene nanoribbons
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- A single particle Hamiltonian for electro-magnetic properties of graphene nanoribbons
- Lee, Hosik; Wakabayashi, Katsunori; Son, Young-Woo; Miyamoto, Yoshiyuki
- Electromagnetic properties; Electronic band structure; Ferromagnetic state; Graphene nanoribbons; Hopping parameters; Hubbard Hamiltonians; Large scale simulations; Mean-field; Mean-field treatments; Nano-devices; Single particle Hamiltonians; Spin-polarized; Spin-polarized density functional theory; Zigzag edges
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- CARBON, v.50, no.10, pp.3454 - 3458
- Graphene zigzag edges are known to show the spin polarized ferromagnetic states, which are well described by the mean field treatment of Hubbard model. The parameter of onsite Coulomb interaction U is estimated to be comparable to the kinetic hopping parameter t so as to fit the electronic band structures obtained by the spin-polarized density functional theory (DFT). In this paper, we propose a simple way to transfer the electronic band structures obtained by DFT onto the mean-field Hubbard Hamiltonian by adopting site-dependent U parameter, which is taken as the decaying function from the edge. This approach is applicable to both anti-ferromagnetic and ferromagnetic states between two edges of graphene nanoribbons and will serve to perform the further large-scale simulation of electro-magnetic transport properties of graphene-based nanodevices.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MNE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.