SINGULAR PERTURBATIONS AND BOUNDARY LAYER THEORY FOR CONVECTION-DIFFUSION EQUATIONS IN A CIRCLE: THE GENERIC NONCOMPATIBLE CASE
Cited 4 times inCited 2 times in
- SINGULAR PERTURBATIONS AND BOUNDARY LAYER THEORY FOR CONVECTION-DIFFUSION EQUATIONS IN A CIRCLE: THE GENERIC NONCOMPATIBLE CASE
- Jung, Chang-Yeol; Temam, Roger
- Issue Date
- SIAM PUBLICATIONS
- SIAM JOURNAL ON MATHEMATICAL ANALYSIS, v.44, no.6, pp.4274 - 4296
- We study the boundary layers and singularities generated by a convection-diffusion equation in a circle with noncompatible data. More precisely, the boundary of the circle has two characteristic points where the boundary conditions and the external data $f$ are not compatible. Very complex singular behaviors are observed, and we analyze them systematically for highly noncompatible data. The problem studied here is a simplified model for problems of major importance in fluid mechanics and thermohydraulics and in physics.
- Appears in Collections:
- MTH_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.