Ultra-Fast Displaying Spectral Domain Optical Doppler Tomography System Using a Graphics Processing Unit
Cited 13 times inCited 12 times in
- Ultra-Fast Displaying Spectral Domain Optical Doppler Tomography System Using a Graphics Processing Unit
- Jeong, Hyosang; Cho, Nam Hyun; Jung, Unsang; Lee, Changho; Kim, Jeong-Yeon; Kim, Jeehyun
- CUDA; GPU; OCT; ODT; Real-time
- Issue Date
- MDPI AG
- SENSORS, v.12, no.6, pp.6920 - 6929
- We demonstrate an ultrafast displaying Spectral Domain Optical Doppler Tomography system using Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) computing. The calculation of FFT and the Doppler frequency shift is accelerated by the GPU. Our system can display processed OCT and ODT images simultaneously in real time at 120 fps for 1,024 pixels x 512 lateral A-scans. The computing time for the Doppler information was dependent on the size of the moving average window, but with a window size of 32 pixels the ODT computation time is only 8.3 ms, which is comparable to the data acquisition time. Also the phase noise decreases significantly with the window size. Since the performance of a real-time display for OCT/ODT is very important for clinical applications that need immediate diagnosis for screening or biopsy. Intraoperative surgery can take much benefit from the real-time display flow rate information from the technology. Moreover, the GPU is an attractive tool for clinical and commercial systems for functional OCT features as well.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- SLA_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.