A three-dimensional Monte Carlo model for coarsening kinetics of the bi-continuous system via surface diffusion and its application to nanoporous gold
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- A three-dimensional Monte Carlo model for coarsening kinetics of the bi-continuous system via surface diffusion and its application to nanoporous gold
- Son, Gaeun; Son, Youngkyun; Jeon, Hansol; Kim, Ju-Young; Lee, Sukbin
- Issue Date
- Acta Materialia Inc
- SCRIPTA MATERIALIA, v.174, pp.33 - 38
- The coarsening of the two-phase, bi-continuous microstructure via surface diffusion is simulated using a three-dimensional Monte Carlo (MC) model. The coarsening exponent obtained from simulations initially decreases and then saturates at ~4 as the temperature increases. Kinetic analysis on nanoporous gold (np-Au) samples, annealed at 450 and 600 °C, confirms the prediction of the model. The coarsening probability ratio of np-Au between two annealing temperatures, calculated from the reported activation energy for coarsening of np-Au, is comparable to that of the model, signifying that the simulation successfully mimics the kinetic evolution of the thermally coarsened np-Au via surface diffusion.
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.