Simple approach for enhancement of light harvesting efficiency of dye-sensitized solar cells by polymeric mirror
Cited 10 times inCited 10 times in
- Simple approach for enhancement of light harvesting efficiency of dye-sensitized solar cells by polymeric mirror
- Lee, Jun Young; Lee, Seungwoo; Park, Jung-Ki; Jun, Yongseok; Lee, Young-Gi; Kim, Kwang Man; Yun, Jin Ho; Cho, Kuk Young
- 1-D photonic crystal; Anode layers; Counter electrodes; Dye-Sensitized solar cell; Dye-sensitized solar cells; Light-harvesting; Light-trapping; Scattering layer; Simple approach; Specular reflections
- Issue Date
- OPTICAL SOC AMER
- OPTICS EXPRESS, v.18, no.23, pp.A522 - A527
- A Polymeric mirror from 1D photonic crystal exhibiting full specular reflection is applied on the exterior of the counter electrode of a dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs). Reflection of exiting light from the cell allows for the reuse of the light and thereby significantly increases the efficiency of the DSSCs (from 8.07% to 8.85%). Furthermore, it is also found to be effective even with incorporation of an internal scattering layer, which is widely used within a TiO(2) anode layer for enhancing light trapping in DSSCs (from 9.17% to 9.53%).
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.