Inter-comparison of NO2 column densities measured by Pandora and OMI over Seoul, Korea
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Inter-comparison of NO2 column densities measured by Pandora and OMI over Seoul, Korea
- Yun, Seoyeon; Lee, Hanlim; Kim, Jhoon; Jeong, Ukkyo; Park, Sang Seo; Herman, Jay
- Issue Date
- 대한원격탐사학회지, v.29, no.6, pp.663 - 670
- Total Vertical Column Density (VCD) of NO2, a key component in air quality and tropospheric chemistry was measured using a ground-based instrument, Pandora, in Seoul from March 2012 to October 2013. The NO2 measurements using Pandora were compared with those obtained by satellite remote sensing from Ozone Monitoring Instrument (OMI) where the intercomparison characteristics were analyzed as a function of measurement geometry, cloud amount and aerosol loading. The negative biases of the OMI NO2 VCD were larger when cloud amount and Aerosol Optical Depth (AOD) were higher. The correlation coefficient between NO2 VCDs from Pandora and OMI was 0.53 for the entire measurement period, whereas the correlation coefficient between the two was 0.74 when the cloud amount and AOD were low (cloud amount<3, AOD<0.4). The low bias of OMI data was associated with the shielding effect of the cloud and the aerosols.
- Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.