One dimensional Si/Sn - based nanowires and nanotubes for lithium-ion energy storage materials
Cited 90 times inCited 74 times in
- One dimensional Si/Sn - based nanowires and nanotubes for lithium-ion energy storage materials
- Choi, Nam-Soon; Yao, Yan; Cui, Yi; Cho, Jaephil
- Energy density; Energy storage applications; Energy storage materials; Future challenges; High capacity anode; High energy densities; High specific capacity; Li-ion batteries; Lithium ions; Long cycles; Nano-structured; Recent progress; Si-based
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY, v.21, no.27, pp.9825 - 9840
- There has been tremendous interest in using nanomaterials for advanced Li-ion battery electrodes, particularly to increase the energy density by using high specific capacity materials. Recently, it was demonstrated that one dimensional (1D) Si/Sn nanowires (NWs) and nanotubes (NTs) have great potential to achieve high energy density as well as long cycle life for the next generation of advanced energy storage applications. In this feature article, we review recent progress on Si-based NWs and NTs as high capacity anode materials. Fundamental understanding and future challenges on one dimensional nanostructured anode are also discussed.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.