Electrocatalytic property of water oxidation reaction depends on charging state of intermediates on Ag-M (M = Fe, co, Ni, Cu) in alkaline media
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Electrocatalytic property of water oxidation reaction depends on charging state of intermediates on Ag-M (M = Fe, co, Ni, Cu) in alkaline media
- Bhatt, Mahesh Datt; Lee, Geunsik; Lee, Jae Sung; Lee, Jin Yong
- Issue Date
- Pergamon Press Ltd.
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HYDROGEN ENERGY, v.44, no.12, pp.5863 - 5871
- DFT calculations are performed to investigate the water oxidation reaction intermediates on Ag2M (M = Fe, Co, Ni, Cu), and Pt3 clusters in alkaline media both in the gas and solution (water) phases in the neutral and charged states. The calculated results revealed that the neutral and anionic clusters were found to be more suitable catalysts than cationic clusters because of weakly bonded water oxidation reaction intermediates. In addition, the calculated structural parameters of the water oxidation intermediates with Ag2M (M = Fe, Co, Ni, Cu) clusters revealed that M-OH bond strengths are found to be in the order of Cu < Ni < Co < Fe. Conclusively, Ag2Cu cluster was determined to be the best electrocatalyst regarding oxygen evolution reaction via 4e transfer, which is consistent with results on larger Ag2M clusters (13 atoms) and periodic Ag-M nanoalloys due to weaker binding energies of the water oxidation intermediates.
- Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.