Fully integrated UHF RFID mobile reader with power amplifiers using System-in-Package (SiP)
Cited 1 times inCited 1 times in
- Fully integrated UHF RFID mobile reader with power amplifiers using System-in-Package (SiP)
- Yang, Hyemin; Kim, Jongmoon; Bien, Franklin; Lee, Jongsoo
- Adjacent channel power ratio; Board design; Fully integrated; High efficiency; InGaP/GaAs; Measured data; Mobile reader; Output power; RFID communication; Second harmonics; Si CMOS; SiP; System-in-package; Total current; Transceiver IC; UHF RFID; UHF transceiver
- Issue Date
- IEICE-INST ELECTRONICS INFORMATION COMMUNICATIONS ENG
- IEICE ELECTRONICS EXPRESS, v.8, no.2, pp.83 - 88
- A fully integrated system-in-package (SiP) for UHF (860-960 MHz) RFID mobile reader is presented. The SiP is made up of an UHF transceiver, a power amplifier (PA), and two baluns. The UHF transceiver was designed in TSMC 0.18 mu m Si CMOS and the PA was developed with InGaP/GaAs hetero-junction-bipolar transistor (HBT) technology. The transceiver IC is fully integrated for mobile UHF RFID applications and the PA has high efficiency and linearity with 24 dBm output power for wireless RFID communications over a distance of 1 m. The total size of the SiP module is 11 mm x 11 mm. The measured data show a transmitter gain of 19.2 dB, total current of 253 mA and adjacent channel power ratio (ACPR) of -41.8 dBc with the second harmonic performance of -57.6 dBc. Also, TX-RX leakage was reduced by careful power amplifier and board designs in small SIP module implementation.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.