Intra-gate length biasing for leakage optimization in 45nm technology node
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Intra-gate length biasing for leakage optimization in 45nm technology node
- Kang Yesung; Kim, Youngmin
- Design for Manufacturing; Device models; Gate biasing; Leakage savings; TCAD
- Issue Date
- IEICE-INST ELECTRONICS INFORMATION COMMUNICATIONS ENG
- IEICE TRANSACTIONS ON FUNDAMENTALS OF ELECTRONICS COMMUNICATIONS AND COMPUTER SCIENCES, v.E96-A, no.5, pp.947 - 952
- Due to the increasing need for low-power circuits in mobile applications, numerous leakage and performance optimization techniques are being used in modern ICs. In the present paper, we propose a novel transistor-level technique to reduce leakage current while maintaining drive current. By slightly increasing the channel length at the edge of a device that exploits the edge effect, a leakage-optimized transistor can be produced. By using TCAD simulations, we analyze edge-length-biased transistors and then propose the optimal transistor shape for minimizing Ioff with the same or higher Ion current. Results show that by replacing all standard cells with their leakage-optimized counterparts, we can save up to 17% of the leakage in average for a set of benchmark circuits.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.