Crosstalk Characterization Method for Stereoscopic Three-dimensional Television
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Crosstalk Characterization Method for Stereoscopic Three-dimensional Television
- Kwak, Youngshin; Lee, Sooyeon; Yang, Seungjoon
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CONSUMER ELECTRONICS, v.58, no.4, pp.1411 - 1415
- A crosstalk characterization model is proposed that shows the relationship between colors with and without crosstalk by using CIE tristimulus values. The proposed model is based on the 3D color measurement results of two different stereoscopic 3D televisions with shutter glasses, namely, a PDP and an LCD. The PDP exhibits a significant dependence of crosstalk on channel and tristimulus values, meaning that different channels and wavelengths result in different degrees of crosstalk, while the LCD exhibits little channel or wavelength dependence. Moreover, for PDP, the proportion of leaked light increases as the luminance of the opposite view decreases. In spite of different crosstalk characteristics, both PDP and LCD show similar performance resulting in 1.5 Delta E*(ab) and 1.9 Delta E*(ab) average color difference between the measured and the predicted. The proposed model could be used to develop a better crosstalk metric or a crosstalk cancellation algorithm by more accurately predicting colors including crosstalk.(1)
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.