Monolithically integrated, photo-rechargeable portable power sources based on miniaturized Si solar cells and printed solid-state lithium-ion batteries
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Monolithically integrated, photo-rechargeable portable power sources based on miniaturized Si solar cells and printed solid-state lithium-ion batteries
- Um, Han-Don; Choi, Keun-Ho; Hwang, Inchan; Kim, Se-Hee; Seo, Kwanyong; Lee, Sang-Young
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- ENERGY & ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE, v.10, no.4, pp.931 - 940
- The combination of energy generation and energy storage systems is the ultimate solution to meet the ever-increasing demand for high-energy-density power sources. Here, we demonstrate a new class of monolithically integrated, photo-rechargeable portable power sources based on miniaturized crystalline Si photovoltaics (c-Si PVs) and printed solid-state lithium-ion batteries (LIBs). A solid-state LIB with a bipolar cell configuration is fabricated directly on the aluminium electrode of a c-Si PV module through an in-series printing process, which enables the seamless architectural/electrical connection of the two different energy systems. The single-unit PV-LIB device shows exceptional electrochemical performance that lies far beyond those achievable by conventional PVs or LIBs alone: it displays fast, low-light-intensity and high-temperature photo-charging; a photo-electric conversion/storage efficiency of 7.61%; a sustainable cycling performance; and continuous discharging at an extremely high current density of 28C under sunlight illumination. This study opens a facile and scalable route for the development of single-unit, photo-rechargeable mobile high-performance batteries that are required for the future era of ubiquitous electronics.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.