Generation and Validation of Topological Charges of High-Power Gyrotron Orbital Angular Momentum Beams From Phase Retrieval Algorithm
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Generation and Validation of Topological Charges of High-Power Gyrotron Orbital Angular Momentum Beams From Phase Retrieval Algorithm
- Sawant, Ashwini; Yu, Dongho; Kim, Dongsung; Choe, Mun Seok; Choi, EunMi
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON TERAHERTZ SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, v.7, no.2, pp.164 - 171
- We present a phase coefficient optimization technique for determining the vortex charge of a high-power orbital angular momentum beam. This high-power vortex beam is generated by transmitting a Gaussian-like beam emitted by a gyrotron with an output power of 25 kW through a spiral phase plate (SPP), which introduces a vorticity at the center of the beam characterized by the geometrical parameters of the SPP. One rigorous, intensity-measurement-based, phase retrieval technique, known as the Gerchberg-Saxton algorithm, does not converge to a correct solution because of the presence of a phase singularity in the high-power vortex beam. Here, we introduce a new phase retrieval algorithm that chooses an appropriate initial phase estimate. This technique yields successful vortex charge determination for both low- and high-power vortex beams. The retrieved intensity profiles show 99.51% and 99.27% intensity regeneration at measurement planes with optimized initial phase estimates for the low- and high-power beams, respectively.
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.