Dithieno[2,3-d:2',3'-d']benzo[1,2-b:4,5-b']dithiophene (DTBDAT)-based copolymers for high-performance organic solar cells
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Dithieno[2,3-d:2',3'-d']benzo[1,2-b:4,5-b']dithiophene (DTBDAT)-based copolymers for high-performance organic solar cells
- Lee, Ye Seul; Song, Seyeong; Yoon, Yung Jin; Lee, Yun-Ji; Kwon, Soon-Ki; Kim, Jin Young; Kim, Yun-Hi
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF POLYMER SCIENCE PART A-POLYMER CHEMISTRY, v.54, no.19, pp.3182 - 3192
- P(BDT-TCNT) and P(DTBDAT-TCNT), which has an extended conjugation length, were designed and synthesized for applications in organic solar cell (OSCs). The solution absorption maxima of P(DTBDAT-TCNT) with the extended conjugation were red-shifted by 5-15 nm compared with those of P(BDT-TCNT). The optical band gaps and highest occupied molecular orbital (HOMO) energy levels of both P(BDT-TCNT) and P(DTBDAT-TCNT) were similar. The structure properties of thin films of these materials were characterized using grazing-incidence wide-angle X-ray scattering and tapping-mode atomic force microscopy, and charge carrier mobilities were characterized using the space-charge limited current method. OSCs were formed using [6,6]-phenyl-C-71-butyric acid methyl ester (PC71BM) as the electron acceptor and 3% diphenylether as additive suppress aggregation. OSCs with P(BDT-TCNT) as the electron donor exhibited a power conversion efficiency (PCE) of 4.10% with a short-circuit current density of J(SC)=9.06 mA/cm(2), an open-circuit voltage of V-OC=0.77 V, and a fill factor of FF=0.58. OSCs formed using P(DTBDAT-TCNT) as the electron donor layer exhibited a PCE of 5.83% with J(SC)=12.2 mA/cm(2), V-OC=0.77 V, and FF=0.62.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.