An Agent-Based Approach in Demographic Research: Preliminary Study on Korean Population Dynamics
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- An Agent-Based Approach in Demographic Research: Preliminary Study on Korean Population Dynamics
- Kim, Jeongsik; Busogi, Moise; Kim, Namhun; Ahn, Chang-Won; Paik, Euihyun; Choi, Minseok; Choi, Eunjeong; Kim, Kiho
- Agent-based modeling; Data-driven modeling; Demographic simulation; Social microsimulation
- Issue Date
- Research India Publications
- International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, v.9, no.23, pp.18697 - 18704
- In this paper, an agent-based modeling and simulation of the demographic research is presented. Different from the demographic research using microsimulation, the agentbased approach to demographic simulation is expected to provide a more scalable and flexible framework to analyze the population dynamics. While microsimulation, which is based on past statistical, is widely used in demographic study of analyzing the macroscopic changes of population, it lacks prescriptive capabilities of analyzing interactions among individuals (e.g., kinships, person-person relations) and environs (e.g., job status, incomes, education levels, cultural aspects, etc.) which may cause the population changes. The agent-based demographic simulation with Korean data conducted in this paper is expected to be the initial model for the agent-based demographic simulation, which may provide a variety of perspectives on the demographic research in the future. © Research India Publications.
- Appears in Collections:
- DHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.