Controlled Synthesis of an Alternating Donor-Acceptor Conjugated Polymer via Kumada Catalyst-Transfer Polycondensation
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Controlled Synthesis of an Alternating Donor-Acceptor Conjugated Polymer via Kumada Catalyst-Transfer Polycondensation
- Todd, Alexander D.; Bielawski, Christopher W.
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ACS MACRO LETTERS, v.4, no.11, pp.1254 - 1258
- Kumada catalyst-transfer polycondensation was used to synthesize poly(5,6-difluorobenzotriazole-alt-4-hexylthiophene) (PFBTzHT), an alternating donor-acceptor conjugated polymer, in a controlled manner. Through a series of kinetic studies, a linear relationship between the monomer conversion and the molecular weight of the resulting polymer was observed while maintaining narrow polydispersities (Ds ≤ 1.4). Moreover, the Mn displayed a linear relationship with the initial monomer-to-catalyst feed ratio, and polymers with Mns up to 25 kDa were successfully synthesized. All-conjugated block copolymers containing segments of PFBTzHT and poly(3-hexylthiophene) (P3HT) were also obtained in various compositions (30-70% P3HT) via sequential monomer addition in a single vessel. © 2015 American Chemical Society
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.