MoSx supported hematite with enhanced photoelectrochemical performance
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- MoSx supported hematite with enhanced photoelectrochemical performance
- Ahn, Hyo-Jin; Yoon, Ki-Yong; Kwak, Myung-Jun; Lee, Jung-Soo; Thiyagarajan, Pradheep; Jang, Ji-Hyun
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRYROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY A, v.3, no.43, pp.21444 - 21450
- By creating a p-n heterojunction of molybdenum sulfide (MoSx)/Ti-doped Fe2O3 (Ti-Fe2O3), we successfully addressed electron-hole transfer problems of hematite and thus achieved the enhanced photoelectrochemical (PEC) performance. MoSx/Ti-Fe2O3 with a thin MoSx layer on the surface of Ti-Fe2O3 fabricated a p-n junction that provided facile charge transfer pathways due to an internal electric field between Ti-Fe2O3 and MoSx, and achieved suppressed charge recombination. The optimized MoSx/Ti-Fe2O3 sample showed a 240% increased photocurrent density (3.03 mA cm(-2)) over pristine Fe2O3 at RHE 1.50 V. All our data including IPCE, PL, and EIS clearly confirmed the improved PEC performance of MoSx/Ti-Fe2O3 achieved by the formation of a p-n junction with a facile electron-hole transport pathway.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.