Heteroleptic strontium complexes stabilized by donor-functionalized alkoxide and beta-diketonate ligands
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Heteroleptic strontium complexes stabilized by donor-functionalized alkoxide and beta-diketonate ligands
- George, Sheby Mary; Kim, Hyo-Suk; Oh, Hyun Ji; Lah, Myoung Soo; Jeon, Dong Ju; Park, Bo Keun; Han, Jeong Hwan; Kim, Chang Gyoun; Chung, Taek-Mo
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- DALTON TRANSACTIONS, v.44, no.31, pp.14042 - 14053
- Heteroleptic complexes of strontium (1-7) were prepared by employing beta-diketonates and donor-functionalized alkoxides as coordinating ligands. The results illustrate the effect of alkoxide substituent groups on the overall structures of the complexes. The presence of a terminal methoxy group in the alkoxide ligands leads to the formation of trimeric complexes 1-4, whereas the substituents on the amine nitrogen prove to have less influence in determining the structure. The attempts to increase steric bulkiness of the aminoalkoxide ligands by introducing ethyl groups on the amine nitrogen and to the alkoxy carbon did not lead to a structural change from the dimeric form in 5-7 but resulted in structurally interesting strontium complexes. In trimeric complexes 2-4, the three strontium atoms were held together by two mu(3)-O bonds using alkoxide oxygen atoms and two mu(2)-O bonds using a combination of alkoxide and beta-diketonate ligand oxygens. The strontium metal centers in these complexes exhibit seven-coordination states in 2 and 4, whereas 3 exhibits one six-coordinated and two seven-coordinated strontium metals in its structure. All of the complexes were characterized using FT-NMR, FT-IR, elemental analyses, and thermogravimetric (TG) analyses
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.