Gate induced drain leakage reduction with analysis of gate fringing field effect on high-kappa/metal gate CMOS technology
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Gate induced drain leakage reduction with analysis of gate fringing field effect on high-kappa/metal gate CMOS technology
- Jang, Esan; Shin, Sunhae; Jung, Jae Won; Kim, Kyung Rok
- Issue Date
- JAPAN SOC APPLIED PHYSICS
- JAPANESE JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS, v.54, no.6, pp.06FG10
- We suggest the optimum permittivity for a high-kappa/metal gate (HKMG) CMOS structure based on the trade-off characteristics between the fringing field induced barrier lowering (FIBL) and gate induced drain leakage (GIDL). By adopting the high-kappa gate dielectric, the GIDL from the band-to-band tunneling at the interface of gate and lightly doped drain (LDD) is suppressed with wide tunneling width owing to the enhanced fringing field, while the FIBL effects is degenerated as the previous reports. These two effects from the gate fringing field are studied extensively to manage the leakage current of HKMG for low power applications. (C) 2015 The Japan Society of Applied Physic
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.