Production of pristine, sulfur-coated and silicon-alloyed germanium nanoparticles via laser pyrolysis
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Production of pristine, sulfur-coated and silicon-alloyed germanium nanoparticles via laser pyrolysis
- Kim, Seongbeom; Park, Song Yi; Jeong, Jaeki; Kim, Gi-Hwan; Rohani, Parham; Kim, Dong Suk; Swihart, Mark T.; Kim, Jin Young
- Issue Date
- IOP PUBLISHING LTD
- NANOTECHNOLOGY, v.26, no.30, pp.305703
- Here we demonstrate production of three types of germanium containing nanoparticles (NPs) by laser pyrolysis of GeH4 and characterize their sizes, structures and composition. Pristine Ge NPs were fabricated with 50 standard cubic centimeter per minute (sccm) of GeH4 and 25 sccm of SF6 as a photosensitizer gas, while sulfur-coated Ge NPs were produced with 25 sccm of GeH4 and 50 sccm of SF6. The laser pyrolysis of SiH4/GeH4 mixtures produced Si1-xGex alloy NPs. Effects of key process parameters including laser intensity and gas flow rates on NP properties have been investigated. The ability of the laser pyrolysis technique to flexibly produce a variety of germanium-containing NPs, as illustrated in this study shows promise for commercial-scale production of new nanomaterials as high purity dry powders.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.