Effect of the extrusion conditions on the texture and mechanical properties of indirect-extruded Mg-3Al-1Zn alloy
Cited 46 times inCited 45 times in
- Effect of the extrusion conditions on the texture and mechanical properties of indirect-extruded Mg-3Al-1Zn alloy
- Park, Sung Soo; You, B. S.; Yoon, D. J.
- Magnesium alloy; Extrusion; Zener-Hollomon parameter; Texture; Yield asymmetry
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE SA
- JOURNAL OF MATERIALS PROCESSING TECHNOLOGY, v.209, no.18-19, pp.5940 - 5943
- The effects of the processing conditions on the texture and mechanical properties of indirect-extruded Mg-3Al-1Zn alloy are investigated. During the extrusion process, the alloy was subjected to various initial billet temperatures and ram speeds, exhibiting different extrudate exit temperatures depending on the extrusion conditions. The Zener-Hollomon parameter acquired from the exit temperature of the extrudate and the ram speed was found to have a significant effect on the grain size, texture, and yield asymmetry of the extruded alloy. Among the processing conditions investigated, a higher Zener-Hollomon parameter resulted in a finer grain size and weaker fiber texture, thereby decreasing the yield asymmetry of the extruded Mg alloy.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.