Finite time blow up for a 1D model of 2D Boussinesq system
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Finite time blow up for a 1D model of 2D Boussinesq system
- Choi, Kyudong; Kiselev, Alexander; Yao, Yao
- Issue Date
- COMMUNICATIONS IN MATHEMATICAL PHYSICS, v.334, no.3, pp.1667 - 1679
- The 2D conservative Boussinesq system describes inviscid, incompressible, buoyant fluid flow in a gravity field. The possibility of finite time blow up for solutions of this system is a classical problem of mathematical hydrodynamics. We consider a 1D model of the 2D Boussinesq system motivated by a particular finite time blow up scenario. We prove that finite time blow up is possible for the solutions to the model system.
- Appears in Collections:
- MTH_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.