Carbonate-coordinated cobalt co-catalyzed BiVO4/WO3 composite photoanode tailored for CO2 reduction to fuels
Cited 1 times inCited 0 times in
- Carbonate-coordinated cobalt co-catalyzed BiVO4/WO3 composite photoanode tailored for CO2 reduction to fuels
- Kim, Jin Hyun; Magesh, Ganesan; Kang, Hyun Joon; Banu, Marimuthu; Kim, Ju Hun; Lee, Jinwoo; Lee, Jae Sung
- Issue Date
- Elsevier BV
- NANO ENERGY, v.15, pp.153 - 163
- We report here that cobalt carbonate (Co-Ci) is a tailored oxygen evolution electrocatalyst (OEC) from water on BiVO4/WO3 composite photoanode to drive photoelectrochemical reduction of CO2 to fuels on a Cu cathode. For water oxidation, Co-Ci/BiVO4/WO3 performed best in CO2-saturated KHCO3 (KCi, pH 7) electrolyte recording an exceptional photocurrent of 3.5mA/cm2 at 1.23VRHE under 1sun illumination, and an onset potential of 0.2VRHE. In the photoanode-driven CO2 reduction, the Co-Ci/BiVO4/WO3 (photoanode)-Cu (cathode) system showed stable photocurrent and 51.9% faradaic efficiency (against water reduction to H2) for CO and C1-C2 hydrocarbons, whereas the best known OEC cobalt phosphate (Co-Pi) was less stable and gave only 22.4% faradaic efficiency. Due to its high stability and CO2 reduction selectivity, the Co-Ci assisted system produced 11 times larger amount of CH4 than the Co-Pi assisted system in a continuous operation. © 2015.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.