Corrosion behavior and microstructural evolution of ASTM A182 Grade 92 steel in liquid sodium at 650 oC
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Corrosion behavior and microstructural evolution of ASTM A182 Grade 92 steel in liquid sodium at 650 oC
- Kim, Ji Hyun; Shin, Sang Hun; Kim, Jun Hwan
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- CORROSION SCIENCE, v.97, pp.172 - 182
- ASTM A182 Grade 92 steel was exposed to liquid sodium at 650°C to investigate the effect of oxidation on microstructural evolution. Comparisons were made to the same material exposed to argon gas at 650°C. In the sodium-exposed specimens, intergranular oxidation and chromium depletion were observed at the near-surface. With the argon-exposed specimen, however, this behavior at the surface was not observed. At the near-surface in specimens exposed to 650°C liquid sodium, it was mostly M23C6 carbide that was observed, whereas a M2(W,Mo) phase was predominant in the bulk steel matrix in specimens exposed to both 650°C sodium and argon.
- Appears in Collections:
- NUE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.