Trifluoromethyl benzimidazole-based conjugated polymers with deep HOMO levels for organic photovoltaics
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Trifluoromethyl benzimidazole-based conjugated polymers with deep HOMO levels for organic photovoltaics
- Shim, Joo Young; Kim, Taehyo; Kim, Jin Young; Kim, Juae; Kim, Il; Kim, Jinwoo; Suh, Hongsuk
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE SA
- SYNTHETIC METALS, v.205, pp.112 - 120
- We synthesized new alternating conjugated polymers, PCDTFMMBI and PBDTDTFMMBI, which consist of trifluoromethyl substituted dimethyl-2H-benzimidazole (FMMBI) as new electron deficient unit, by palladium(0)-catalyzed Suzuki or Stille polymerization. Trifluoromethyl group has attractive features such as high solubility, chemical and thermal stability and strong electron withdrawing ability to adjust redox potentials. In addition to this, the introduction of trifluoromethyl group into benzimidazole unit will expand the absorption range into the longer wavelength region. Poly(4,8-bis(2-octyldodecyloxy) benzo[1,2-b:3,4-b]dithiophene-alt-5,5-(2-methyl-4′,7′-di-(2-thienyl)-2-(trifluoromethyl)-2H-benzimidazole)) (PBDTDTFMMBI) film, in which benzodithiophene unit was introduced as the electron rich unit, showed an absorption onset at 932 nm, corresponding to a low band gap of 1.33 eV. Poly(N-9′-heptadecanyl-2,7-carbazole-alt-5,5-(2-methyl-4′,7′-di-(2-thienyl)-2-(trifluoromethyl)-2H-benzimidazole)) (PCDTFMMBI), with carbazole as the electron rich unit, showed low lying HOMO energy level of -5.69 eV.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.