Real-time and Power Hardware-in-the-loop Simulation of PEM Fuel Cell Stack System
Cited 1 times inCited 1 times in
- Real-time and Power Hardware-in-the-loop Simulation of PEM Fuel Cell Stack System
- Jung, Jee-Hoon
- Dynamic model; PEM fuel cell; Power hardware-in-the-loop; Real-time simulation; Stack system
- Issue Date
- KOREAN INST POWER ELECTRONICS
- JOURNAL OF POWER ELECTRONICS, v.11, no.2, pp.202 - 210
- The increased integration of fuel cells with power electronics, critical loads, and control systems has prompted recent interest in accurate electrical terminal models of the polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cell. Advancement in computing technologies, particularly parallel computation techniques and various real-time simulation tools, has allowed the prototyping of novel apparatus to be investigated in a virtual system under a wide range of realistic conditions repeatedly, safely, and economically. This paper builds upon both advancements and provides a means of optimized model construction boosting the computation speeds for a fuel cell terminal model on a real-time simulator which can be used in a power hardware-in-the-loop application. An elaborate simulation model of the fuel cell stack system has been developed, and a significant improvement in the computation time has been achieved. The effectiveness of the proposed model developed on Opal RT's RT-LAB MATLAB/Simulink-based real-time engineering simulator is verified using the experimental results with a Ballard Nexa fuel cell stack system.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.