Study of an Identification Method of the Mesoscale Tool Position
Cited 1 times inCited 1 times in
- Study of an Identification Method of the Mesoscale Tool Position
- Park, Hyung Wook
- Acoustic emission; Laser beam; Mesoscale tool position; Non-contact
- Issue Date
- TRANS TECH PUBLICATIONS LTD
- ADVANCED DESIGN AND MANUFACTURE III, v.450, no., pp.271 - 274
- The increasing demand for micro/mesoscale components for electronic, biological, and medical applications has brought about continuing developments in mechanical micromachining. Various economic and technical advantages have led to decreases in the overall sizes of the machine tools used in this process, which are known as mesoscale machine tools (MMTs). Rather than shrinking and adapting conventional instruments, this technical trend has motivated the development of new techniques involving clamping devices, inspection, spindles, etc. This study reviewed possible detection techniques for mesoscale tool positioning, including conductivity-based, laser-beam, thin-plate, and acoustic-emission (AE) methods. Preliminary experimental studies of the laser-beam and AE methods were carried out using simple test beds.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.